The Canadian Raptor Conservancy performs live, Free-Flight Demonstrations across Canada at select events throughout the year. We perform over 1000 presentations per year and reach an audience of over 1 million people. Our demonstrations include birds that are trained for free flight, as each different bird is unique in its own appearance and flight styles. As each bird is flying, the handler/interpreter gives an educational commentary* about each one (*also available in French between April and September). The presentations can also include music and special effects.
Some of the fabulous birds that we use in our shows include:
Plus a whole host of other birds of prey from around the world.
Each demonstration includes 5 different raptors from around the world, including at least 3 free-flying birds. Meet our team of professional demonstration birds, who have performed at schools, fairs, and festivals across Canada. Many of the birds are also the stars of Hollywood productions and have appeared numerous times on television.
This unique encounter with nature's flying hunters might include:
- The bird with the best vision in nature, able to spot its prey from over 20 km away.
- The only species of hawk that hunts in a pack, just like a family of wolves.
- The bird of prey that has the most highly developed sense of smell in the world - even better than a bloodhound.
- One of the world's most nocturnal animals. This owl can find its food on the darkest of nights using only its ears.
- The amazing falcon, as it folds its wings and accelerates into a vertical dive, reaching speeds of up to 200 km/h as it flies over the crowd.
Some of the events that Canadian Raptor Conservancy has participated in over the past 5 years include:
...and many more Festivals and Events.